Tuesday 22 July 2014

// Artist Feature: Lola Donoghue


Pastel Abstracts


In the first of my 'Artist Feature' series I will be sharing the wonderful works of art from the talented Miss Lola Donoghue, who has the pleasure of calling Galway, Ireland her home. Having come across Lola whilst on my usual peruse of Etsy, I have since discovered that she has collaborated with my two favourites, West Elm and One Kings Lane and has even featured in House and Home Magazine and on the A Beautiful Mess blog. She has sure been making some waves recently!






Lola's work combines soft pastel hues with striking abstract designs, often incorporating a mixture of different materials, from acrylic paint to oil pastels and fine liners, which has made her art so very difficult to tear my eyes away from these past few days. (Not even joking. I've been unable to close the tab up to her Etsy page and website for the past three days running. I'm trying to stop myself from buying one of the larger prints for my living room. My heart is saying "YES, YES, YES!" but my bank account is saying "NO, NO, NO!" - the prints aren't actually too pricey, I'm just seriously broke.)

So without further adieu ladies and gentleman, feast your eyes on the below. You won't be disappointed.
















If like me you have been tempted to purchase some of her art then check out her Etsy page for a selection of prints and originals. Lola also takes commissions if you have something specific in mind.

Do you know of any artists with a similar style to Lola's? If so, please comment me below. I'm always on the hunt for new art to get lost up in.


No comments:

Post a Comment